FAQs - Certification

Yes. An individual who has passed the entire Uniform CPA Examination in another state or jurisdiction, but is ineligible to obtain certification from that state/jurisdiction may transfer their exam credit. See Transfer of Exam Credit for more information.

If your current CPA license is issued from a state considered substantially equivalent to Illinois you DO NOT need to obtain Illinois certification prior to getting your Illinois CPA license. You can apply directly to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to receive your Illinois CPA license.

Yes. An individual who has passed the International Qualifications Exam (IQEX) is eligible to receive Illinois certification. To apply for certification via IQEX follow the instructions at Certification - IQEX.

©2010 Illinois Board of Examiners. All Rights Reserved.